Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Tribute

On November 4th, 2007, a friend of mine unexpectedly died. She was 26. G and I went to college together, both theatre majors in our close-knit department. She and I worked on many shows together, but I think the last one was "Closer Than Ever", a tribute piece to another friend of ours who also died far too young, while we were still in college.

G died of a stroke that was a deadly side effect to her migraine medicine. Months before I'd lost another friend unexpectedly, though older than G, who still died far too young. She died of complications of new food allergies. Both of them were female. Both were Jewish. Both were redheads. Both were talented and artistic. Both are buried in the same place (though lived/were from different places).

G's family asked that people remember G today by buying a flower and "just bask in it's simple beauty". To honor her and to remember her.

Gerbers for G


I chose the Gerber daisies because a) I'm a fan of them, but b), more importantly, they were the flowers that G and I gave out to our cast of "Closer than Ever". No other flower would have seemed appropriate to me for G.

G, Happy Birthday... I only wish you were still here to celebrate it with us.

No comments: