Saturday, August 30, 2008

East Coast Adventure, Part 1: New York City

Technically speaking, my East Coast Adventure started in DC, because that's where I flew in. But I was only there for less than 24 hours before I hopped onto the bright orange Bolt Bus to NYC.

SB met me in NYC and greeted me with smiles and a surprise: a boat tour of the 4 waterfalls that I was dying to see. We wandered around with a friend of hers from back home and then went on our tour.

NYC Skyline

The waterfalls were pretty amazing, and eco-friendly (no fish or other creatures were harmed in the flowing of the falls) and they were gorgeous to behold.

Waterfall

As an added bonus (perhaps because our boat was delayed for mechanical reasons), we ended up getting super-close to the Statue of Liiberty and I took some amazing photos of Lady Liberty.

Ms. Liberty

That evening found us with an old pasttime for us, playing darts, which is how she met her lovely husband. As usual, she kicked my rear. Ah well, next time! Besides, I was sorely out of practice.

The next day found us running errands, including a trip to Mecca: aka the Fifth Avenue Apple Store. Unfortunately, it was because I needed a new charger for my laptop as mine had frayed to the point of dangerous and she was seeking a case for her new iPhone. My iPhone lust increased to incredible proportions as both she and her husband have them. I proved to her that they were quite handy and now she is loving it more than before. We also wandered around FAO Schwartz for the hell of it - it amazes me the stuff that is located within that store. We stayed and watched a pretty impressive demonstration of the big piano made famous by "Big" the movie.

Mecca

BIG Piano @ FAO Schwartz

That night found us making a trip to a nearby-ish Dave and Busters (think Chuck E Cheese for grownups) on motorcycles. It was certainly a new experience for me and a lot of fun. Have no fear, however, of me becoming a biker chick.

All in all, I had a blast - I adore SB and her husband and the trip was a bit brief. But I can't wait to come back and visit... and maybe go for another ride. :)

Next up: Boston.

[I'm a bit behind due to lack of internet access in Boston. I'll play catch-up soon. As usual, check flickr for all the rest of the pictures!]

No comments: