Friday, December 31, 2010

Photo Project 2011

After the success of my 365 project, I've decided to tackle another one. I've spent the last few hours, and really, the last year, thinking of ideas for another photography project. I've considered ones with specific topics or specific time frames. Sadly, I also have to take into consideration my job. My job can be very intense and time consuming at times, and other times, I seem to feel like I have all the time in the world. I really wanted to give myself a daily or a weekly assignment, but that would be foolish. I'm also spending a significant portion of time in a very snowy, not-a-lot-of-daylight area which may or may not limit my phototaking opportunities.

Instead, I scoured a few photography websites for some photo ideas and challenges and have come up with a list of 183. Significantly more than I was expecting (I was originally aiming for 52) but not quite 365. It turns out that if you double 183, you come out 366. So, basically, I need to hit each topic twice, if not more to satisfy my 365 project.

It's a pretty broad topic, and this time, I'm not tying myself to a picture a day. This will give me greater flexibility to work around my job and my free time availability. I'd like to be able to aim for a picture a day but I won't be disappointed if I don't.

This project is about letting me flex my creativity with specific goals and seeing the world through different photographic eyes.

Here's my list for those who wish to 'play along':

Photo Project 2011

Here's the official rules:
- Items must be taken between Jan 1, 2011 and Dec 31, 2011
- Each item on the list must be taken twice (or represented twice in the project folder)
- Photos may not count for more than one category [there will be 366 photos in the folder]
- The concept is that many photos must/can be taken for each subject but the best two make it into the 'finals'

Wish me luck!

p.s. Also, the previous 365 project limited me to my DSLR. Not this time, pictures can be taken with either the Digital Rebel XSi or the G12. Either one allows me to play around with controls and gets me to know more about my cameras - another benefit in this photographic exercise.

1 comment:

John said...

This is such a cool project. Congrats on finishing your last one and happy blog anniversary! Hope to see you soon!!