Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy List, Week 34

Perfect Rose

1. Southwest Airlines. For a few hours delay, I received a lovely travel voucher in compensation. As a friend said, in this economy, freebies are especially appreciated.

2. My new apartment. I got to finally see it (other than in excellent pictures) and meet my roommate in the flesh (versus Skype, phone calls and emails). It's going to be a fabulous year.

3. Mom. She came out to Houston, helped me pack up my stuff and most importantly, helped me drive the scary truck back to St. Louis. What a mom. She's the best.

4. PS. He picked me up from the airport, drove me around, helped me pack. His friendship and help was absolutely invaluable.

5. CS. My very helpful, very generous neighbor. He helped move out from the Closet Disaster 2009 and helped pack the truck...twice. He also helped figure out that I had the wrong size truck before we wasted too much time.

6. Penske for being a very helpful truck company, who did a last minute truck switch and didn't charge me an arm and a leg.

7. Newest Harry Potter. That is all. Enough said. Snape = awesome.

No comments: