Monday, June 29, 2009
Tech week never leads to many happy moments...
1. "Meeting" a roommate. Found through Craiglist - I'm excited for the future!
2. Apartment searching from afar. Aforementioned roommate has really made it easy, especially with my wacko schedule. Especially since she took pictures so I could "see" the apartment too.
3. Gorgeous scenic painting on our set. Something very pretty to look at.
4. Days off. Very needed. Very welcome.
5. My phone. 3.0 has made it better... of course I want the latest iPhone, but there's enough bells and whistles in 3.0 that make it seem like a brand new phone.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
We found this yarn at the cute local yarn store. The store is amazing - and even more amazing to my knitter friend/roommate. I was loving the pretty colors... she was drooling over specific brands that I'd never heard of.
We saw the sample scarf and fell in love with the yarn. NB offered to make me one and I picked some up. We both got a kick out of the names "Bonnie" and "Clyde" and how they 'belong' together.
I love this yarn, I love rainbow-y things and its a wonderful blend. In fact, we went back a day later to browse and the yarn was half-off (it was already a pretty good deal). So I stocked up. Now I've got enough for a few scarves, hats, etc. Yay stockpiling on an amazing yarn.
Check out Louet yarn if you want to see more!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
1. Thunderstorms. They are wonderful and magical as long as they don't interrupt rehearsal (which it didn't... much) and don't knock out the power (which it hasn't... yet)
2. Cooking at home. We're saving a lot of money, and having fun cooking even if its something as simple as tacos. Taco Monday.. yum.
3. Rain. It may be annoying, obnoxious and a few other things, but at least it's keeping the 90° days I remember from summer's past at bay.
4. The love and support of my friends when I lost someone dear to me.
5. My camera... for it helps to keep me sane.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
There are now cooking traditions in the NB/AA household... Stirfry Sunday (not pictured) and Taco Monday (pictured). Mmmmm... it's also usually our only red meat allowance in the week. We're trying to encourage ourselves to eat healthier... but we also don't beat ourselves up if we screw up...
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
My ASM/roomie and I have been trying to eat at home in an attempt to both save money and eat healthier... but on Saturday, we splurged with a meal at Friendly's. This was our shared dessert: cookie dough and some coffee/mocha flavored ice cream. YUM.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Our housing is great, but the knives were a little sub-par. I got these three for a steal at Target and they're the same brand as the current set I own. I'd been wanting a larger size knife as my parents have been training me about what knife to use when. Perfect.
1. My ASM. We've been having long days and crises every day. Twice I haven't been able to go home for dinner, and each time she's brought something back. Rock star.
2. The little things in life. Despite the craziness, I've managed to find at least one thing funny each day. Sometimes its ridiculous, sometimes mundane.
3. Old friends/faces at this company are good.
4. But so are new.
5. 365 project. Still going strong... 29 days and counting. Remembering to take a picture, and having fun doing so is keeping me sane.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
A little late... but still within the week... draining days at work
1. Saratoga Springs, NY & my place here. It's nice to be back... and this place is amazing.
2. WM & GS' wedding. it was beautiful, amazing and totally worth all the driving and lost sleep.
3. The Parting Glass. Some things never change, and for that, I'm grateful.
4. Familiar faces. Returning to a company after several year absence and seeing familiar faces is wonderful.
5. The Tony Awards. All sorts of amazingness including many thank yous to stage managers... YAY.
I've started work on "Madama Butterfly" and this is the model of our set. I'm sure a picture of the real deal will appear on this blog, whether its part of the 365 project or not.
I may be behind on posting but not on taking photos... still going strong!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Stocking up. My ASM and roommate and I decided to pool our resources and cook at home as much as possible. This is our stocked up pantry. We're good to go for awhile...
Did I mention we have a pretty awesome kitchen in order to make this really happen??
Sunday, June 7, 2009
After years and years of missing weddings because of work... I MADE sure to not miss the wedding of one of my best opera friends, WM and her now husband, GS. Though, I suppose actually she's WS now, but... you get the idea.
I was priveleged to spend some time with her and her family prior to the wedding before having to run away and start work. I then drove 3 hours to attend the wedding and 3 back the same night. No rest for the wicked.
It was well worth every minute of the 6 hours in the car to be there to share her special day with her. What a beautiful bride, what a gorgeous wedding, what a celebration!
Friday, June 5, 2009
I'm back at my first professional summer opera gig... and this dart board is in the "company bar". We have no official ownership or shares in this bar/restaurant, but it's a common hangout for the tech staff.
The other stage manager and I were a team three years running and we've both been gone for several seasons. It feels a little surreal to be back.
I can't wait to play darts!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
1. My parents for their incredibly generosity. Especially my dad who loaned me his car for part of the summer.
2. For our new mechanic telling us that the car isn't totaled after all and not charging us and arm and a leg to fix it.
3. WM and GS for their support. Like good friends do, they were totally there for me.
4. WM's family for having this lovely cottage on this gorgeous lake. Like I said in a blog post/365 post, this was exactly what I needed after my nerves were unsettled by the accident.
5. My iPhone for having hotel finders when you're in the middle of nowhere and need a place because your nerves are frayed from driving in the rain.
6. WM's best girls (maids-of-honor/bridesmaids) because they remind me of some of my friends from college. They're also theatre gals, so they welcomed me easily.
7. NJ - because surprisingly, everything is close together.
8. Cocktail hour. It's always beer:30 on the lake, so it's nice to kick back and relax in nature.
I only feel like eight this week. So there. :)