Sunday, February 26, 2012

52 Week Project 2012 - Weeks 7 & 8

Due to last weekend in Chicago and all associated travel, etc, last week's photo didn't get posted... however, candidates finally got uploaded. This week, Week 8, was also v. busy and I just now am uploading and culling those photos from my tour of the Peabody Opera House (formerly Kiel Opera House).

So without further adieu, I present Weeks 7 and 8.

Week 7 comes from the Chicago trip for sure, specifically the Shedd Aquarium and their Jellies exihibit. I swear most of my Shedd pictures come from that exhibit alone... it was a tough decision, but this creature just fascinated me.

Jellyfish!

Cool, isn't it?

Week 8 comes from the Peabody tour. What a neat opportunity - they did such a great job of restoring this back to beauty. I don't think I saw anything here before it closed, but apparently a lot of the original stuff remains. This is the Grand Lobby... gorgeous, eh?

Peabody Opera House

There were only a million runners up for these two weeks...

More Peabody photos here and more Jellies photos here!

No comments: