Monday, January 18, 2010

239/365-241/365

241/365

241/365

Day 241 was spent mostly in airplanes, trying to get back to Cedar Rapids to drive an hour and half north to Cedar Falls, move into our hotel and get to the theatre in time to work a piano dress. Needless to say with the stress of the weekend plus the flying all day, I was slightly delirious and slap happy by the time rehearsal rolled around. Nevertheless, I got a good test on a difficult opera score because all my assistant and I could hear was the piano playing, and occasionally singing. The piano reduction is fairly faithful to the orchestra score, but... still, it was a challenge and I'm pleased to say I conquered it fairly well, especially considering the circumstances.

240/365

240/365

My grandfather died on Day 237, and my job graciously allowed me to be with my family in the aftermath, hopefully for the service. I was awakened quite early one morning - this was the only good thing about that early wake-up call.

239/365

239/365

This is Henry, my buddy in Cedar Rapids. He's my hosts' dog and he's adorable. He waited outside my door most mornings and would quickly let everyone else know that I was awake! I do miss this adorable face...

No comments: