Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#25 - Complete!

25. See Northern Lights in person.

I have waited and waited for this day to come when I could see the Northern Lights in person. Every time I came up to Alaska, I had hoped and hoped that the conditions would be right. And finally, they were. I was so excited that I couldn't set up my tripod properly at first.

Words cannot even describe the ethereal beauty that is the Northern Lights. They move like the wind and change intensity at the drop of the hat. We briefly saw them overhead but they were mostly on the horizon. We saw them two nights in a row, but the first night was the most intense and beautiful. I hopped between my DSLR and my G12 camera like a crazed bunny, much to the amusement of my companions.

It was totally worth freezing for.

Here's just a few pictures- they're mostly unedited and unadjusted:

Aurora Borealis - Alaska

Aurora Borealis - Alaska

Aurora Borealis - Alaska

Aurora Borealis - Alaska

Aurora Borealis - Alaska

Aurora Borealis - Alaska

Aurora Borealis - Alaska

Check out the rest here

No comments: