Friday, April 29, 2011

Bellefontaine Cemetary

Better late, than never, eh?

I may have blogged about Bellefontaine Cemetary before, but here I am again. My mom and I drove through on a summer's day and explored its vast acreage, and historical plots. I drove through again recently with a friend of mine, and I saw things differently. We did less hopping out of the car (actually almost none) and I became 'obsessed' with doors on all the mausoleums.

Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary

There's also just some beautiful gravestones:

Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary - Sculpture - 2/2 Bellefontaine Cemetary - Cemetaries - 2/2 Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary - Cemetaries - 1/2

One of the historical graves, Eads:

Bellefontaine Cemetary
And sites:

And two for my opera friends:

Bellefontaine Cemetary Bellefontaine Cemetary

And a few more things crossed off Photo Project 2011:

Bellefontaine Cemetary - Secure - 1/2 Bellefontaine Cemetary - Curves - 1/2 Bellefontaine Cemetary - Doorknob - 2/2 Bellefontaine Cemetary - Spot Color - 2/2

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love all the doors. Especially when you consider that doors often represent a new opportunity, but all the opportunities are finis for these folks. Cemeteries offer plenty to reflect on; good place to spend some time.

m