Saturday, July 28, 2012

#52 - COMPLETE!

52. Locks of Love. I'd love to be able to help someone out by growing my hair long again.

After 14 months of no haircuts, I finally achieved the length needed by Pantene Beauitful Lengths (a program very similar to Locks of Love, but only required 8" instead of 10"). My hair is luxuriously thick and I don't use hair products nor blow dry or flat iron my hair, so it should make a wonderful wig for someone in need. Pantene's wigs still go to patients with cancer.

Here's a before picture:



In process:



 

And now the after picture:



Monday, I'll ship it off. I sure picked the hottest summer on record to chose to do this particular goal, but I didn't know that when I started it. I'm glad I did it and I'm glad its over. I feel pounds lighter, even though the hair bundle is only a 1/4 lb. I just measured it - the longest strands are about 11" braided, so I may have cut off a larger amount than I thought. Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool thing to do!