Friday, May 31, 2013

Rainy Day Macros — Post-Storm

We've had a couple of rainy days here in St. Louis where I have had time off and my macro lens handy.

The first day, I crept out mid-rain with an umbrella into my backyard. It wasn't raining hard, but it would've been smarter to probably stay in. But it was worth it for photos like these:

Macro Water Droplets Mid-Storm    Macro Water Droplets Mid-Storm

Macro Water Droplets Mid-Storm    Macro Water Droplets Mid-Storm    

Today, we had a pretty hefty storm mid-morning that broke up about mid-afternoon. Again, I went to the backyard and took several photos and then convinced the roommate to come with me to the Missouri Botanical Garden where I stalked the hosts and other water-loving plants.

May Macro     May Macro    May Macro     May Macro     May Macro    May Macro    May Macro    May Macro  

I really am loving this lens. One of the best photography investments that I ever made... don't you think?

Check out the rest on flickr! Macro Water Droplets is the set.

No comments: