Thursday, June 5, 2008

Oklahoma Tidbits

High winds are apparently commonplace here, they've been gusting like crazy for the last day or so. Turns out we have a tornado watch tonight... didn't they just have a storm right before I came here? If the sirens go off, we'll be hunkering down with our show's choreographer who has a 1st floor apartment. I'm not terribly worried. Just the same, I didn't park my car underneath any trees. I'm more worried about the winds than anything else. My car was not fun to drive on the 10 minute drive home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seen on 16th street: A little old lady driving a red sedan at 20 mph (the speed limit is 30 or 35) and quite possibly drinking a beer while driving. I didn't get close enough to see and when my patience ran out, I passed when the lines on the road let me. Yikes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing against the children in our production, I am looking forward to when the rest of the adults arrive next week. Today, we had a discussion with the children about the end of the show and why the Von Trapps were leaving. The director drew parallels to today and it was very solemn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite the relatively light schedule so far (it's going to get busier), I haven't had much opportunity to take the camera out for a whirl. But my next day off is coming up soon - where shall I go next?

No comments: