Monday, August 26, 2013

Road Trip, Day 8/9 - Pike Place Market

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Pike Place Market opened in 1907 and is one of the oldest continuously operated public farmers' markets in the United States. It is far younger than it's smaller but older counterpart in St. Louis - Soulard Market. I love Soulard Market and don't go as often as I should - but I am forever glad that Soulard isn't a tourist destination like Pike Place is in Seattle.

That being said, if I lived in Seattle - despite the tourists, I would be there often. The flower bouquets are out of this world and ridiculously cheap:

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 2 - Pike Place Market

And the fish, the famous fish place was a lot of fun. This is the one where they throw their fish at each other. It's a little stage-y but they are certainly entertaining:

Seattle, Day 2 - Pike Place Market

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 2 - Pike Place Market

There's a smaller one down the way, which looks similar but without the fun:

Seattle, Day 2 - Pike Place Market

There's tons of tasty looking fruit:

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 2 - Pike Place Market

Seattle, Day 2 - Pike Place Market

Including this amazingness that I was introduced to in Oregon: Rainier cherries:

Seattle, Day 2 - Pike Place Market

On the second day, N & I had a delicious lunch here:

Seattle, Day 2 - Pike Place Market

I highly recommend it - it reminded me of a great food truck here in St. Louis called Seoul Taco.  I had bi bim bap with bulgogi and the fried rice underneath was the best I'd had in a long time.

Here are more pictures of the market in general:

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Seattle, Day 1 - Pike Place

Because I can't get to Seattle soon, I will be getting my happy self over to Soulard and hoping that Rainier cherry season will come again soon. I had no idea how delightful those cherries were. Thanks W & G!!

No comments: