Sunday, May 18, 2008

Done!

The season is over! Our last show of the season was a remount of our locally-inspired oratorio, The Refuge at the Miller Outdoor Theatre in Hermann Park. We totally lucked out with the weather because we only had one really nasty, hot, humid day. This show was tech-ed, opened and closed within a week (two performances only) and it was a quick week at that. While it was a remount, we had a new community choir, a new community instrumentalist and a new Studio soloist. Despite all these new things, plus a slight set-change due to the different stage at Miller, the process was amazingly stress-free and the product was great.

Opening night also coincided with my birthday, which was fun. Despite being at work all day, I was treated to a picnic dinner by my colleagues and a fabulous show. This temporary tattoo, found in my opening night gift from our stage manager, really sums up the day:

Love


I really did feel loved. I came home to a lot of facebook, email and voicemail messages, and was well-wished throughout the day. And best of all, I got to work with my friends on my birthday.

Yesterday, our closing night, I arrived early at the theatre to wander around Hermann Park to take pictures. I had forgotten that our education division was sponsoring a kite-making festival in conjunction with our performance. It seemed like a popular gathering and I managed to snap a few good shots. For more, check out my flickr page, but here's a preview:

DSCF0017
Aloft
Family
Dad & Daughter
Big Smile


I'm behind on posting - I'll have to post about Art Car at a later date...

No comments: