Sunday, September 19, 2010

Apple Picking

Side note: As usual as of late, I am way behind on blog posts... but its because of the sheer volume of pics that I have taken. It takes awhile to get through them. So here is a quickie post to tide you over!

As a child, I LOVE apple picking. There are several local pick-your-own orchards and we used to go with some friends of ours and our poor parents would have to deal with the millions of apples that we'd pick and haul home.

My roommate and I spoke of doing that last year, but we missed the boat. This year, we were determined to make it fit. We chose to go to the Grafton orchards and picked about 20 pounds of Jonathan apples. It was a short afternoon fun but our only complaint was that the orchards were slightly overpicked. But it was late on a Sunday, so I'm sure everyone went picking that weekend.

Here's a few pics from that adventure:

Eckert's Apple Orchard

Eckert's Apple Orchard

Eckert's Apple Orchard

And a few from my parents' garden, where we are growing CANTALOUPE!

Home-grown Cantaloupe

Home-grown Cantaloupe

Home-grown Cantaloupe

And a few other pretties:

Sun-haloed Stalks

Hydrangea

No comments: