Friday, June 15, 2012

Charleston, Day 3

Day 1 | Day 2


Day 3 came pretty early and C, K and I all headed back to Folly River to try our hand at Stand Up Paddleboarding. You're basically standing up on a surfboard (paddleboard) and you have a paddle which is operated in completely the OPPOSITE direction of a kayak or a canoe. I was DEAD certain that I was going to end up in the water in seconds flat. I'm notorious for my poor sense of balance (don't put me on a bike). It was actually quite fun except when I tired my arms out because Mother Nature decided to have some fun with us and kick up the wind. 

We joined S & S back at the house and cleaned up in order to head to the Charleston Tea Plantation - where Bigelow teas are from. We sampled and purchased some delicious teas as well as became educated on the tea harvesting procedure. We also enjoyed a tranquil moment on their porch in wooden rockers, looking out over acres of tea plants. 

Charleston Tea Plantation

Charleston Tea Plantation

Charleston Tea Plantation

All tea-d out, we headed back towards home, making a stop at the Angel Oak - the oldest live oak (type of oak). According to Wikipedia, it is supposed to be over 1500 years old, is 65 ft tall and 28 ft in circumference. All I know is that it is huge and majestic. While basking in the magnificence of the Angel Oak, I noticed a white creature across the way. As it turns out, it is a white squirrel. Not albino, like I originally thought. For more info try here 

Angel Oak

White Squirrel

Angel Oak


Next up, Catch up on Photo Project 2012!

No comments: