Sunday, January 20, 2013

3/52 - Photo Project 2013

Week 3 brought me to the Trail of Tears State Park, near Jackson, Missouri. Two hours away from St. Louis, richly historic and very beautiful, even in the dead of winter. Yesterday was a gloriously beautiful, uncharacteristically warm January day. My parents and I took a drive down, pups in tow. We attempted to get a hike in but the soil was pretty muddy and the trail pretty unclear. With Tom's unreliable leg strength and endurance, we didn't want to risk it.

I took several pictures, but this was the top one. Oddly enough, it was taken from the car on our way out. With all the farming landscape around us on the drive down and back, I was hoping for a beautiful single tree on a flat landscape.

Trail of Tears State Park

And I got it... but just barely.

This was a close second:

Trail of Tears State Park

I'm not sure what it is - but there is no image enhancement at all on this. Not a drop. Those colors are THAT vivid unaided.

Off to take more photos... or not. A lazy day might just be in order. :)

No comments: