Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Photo Project 2013

I almost wasn't going to do another Photo Project, but certain people weren't going to let that happen. I did have the worst time trying to figure out what I wanted to. I really enjoyed just having one photo to strive for during 2012. Sometimes it was really easy to choose the photo and sometimes it was extremely hard.

So that part was easy - another 52 week project it is. But I virtually ignored most of the themes last year, and I enjoyed that freedom. I let inspiration hit me whenever - and I only had to push myself a few times to get photos in under the deadline.

That being said, I didn't feel that I could restrict myself to a specific theme for the month or anything like that - because my work schedule is varying in its intensity. So I compromised.

52 weeks. 52 photos. And a handful of side projects - such as colors. I'm particuarly excited about the windows and doors. I've been driving around in places I don't normally go and I'm finding great fascinating looking doors and windows - and I wanted to capture them. I've also happened across two former firehouses in my travels, and I know there are several around town that were built in the late 1800s, early 1900s and are beautiful. Some are still active, but a few are retired.

I'll decide at a later date whether those 'side' projects are one day, 30 day or cover the full year.

Photo Project 2013

As always, a few rules for myself:

1. Items must be taken from Jan 1, 2013-Dec 31, 2013.

2. Take at least one photo at week. Hopefully take several to choose from and post the best one.

3. Post the best picture at the end of the week, on the designated Sunday.

4. Photos can be taken with the Digital Rebel XSi, G12 or iPhone. 

5. Photos can also be enhanced via Lightroom or any other imaging program. 

Wish me luck - and join me if you wish!

No comments: