Sunday, December 30, 2012

Looking Back at 2012

Christmas Lights Bokeh

I can't believe I'm looking at the back end of 2012... didn't it just start? There are times when this year when screaming by and when it went crawling by...

2012 was a busy year for the life list. I crossed off EIGHT items! 


6. Go back to writing good old-fashioned letters

.8. Get paid for my photography or a photo of mine.   

I took publicity photos for a friend's concert in December. It was a lot of fun and I'm still sad that I missed the concert itself (see #73).

13. See a movie at a drive-in.

33. Get over my fear of needles and join the Bone Marrow Donor Registry, and maybe save someone’s life.

51. Try my hand at non-camera related visual arts.

52. Locks of Love. I'd love to be able to help someone out by growing my hair long again.

73. Enter a photography competition. Bonus points if a finalist or winner.

81. Learn how to blow glass.

I also made progress on a few other items:

-Knocked off Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina and Oregon off the states list, leaving only 19 left.

-Knocked off Cuyahoga Valley, Mammoth Cave, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Lassen Volcanic, Crater Lake and Redwood National Parks off the National Park list, leaving only 20 left.

-Registered and got oriented for Habitat for Humanity - but yet to have had time to work on a job site yet.

What will 2013 bring? Hopefully more state visits, maybe a national park and crossing off a few more items on the list.  Out of 100 or so, I have 17 done which isn't too shabby since some of them are purposely meant for life down the road. Maybe I'll re-evaluate the list in 2013...



No comments: