Saturday, December 29, 2012

52 Week Project: Week 52


I cannot believe how fast 2012 went... the year is mere days from being over. So much has happened - but that's a post for another day.

I had heard about this mural from our local paper, and once I saw it, I knew it would be the finishing photo.

52 Week Project: Week 52

It's a mural on South Broadway, on the side of a metalworks building. The mural is done by Peat Wollaeger, an internationally famous St. Louisan who is famous for his graffiti eyez. (A few degrees of separation - we both went to the same middle school - years apart, though).

Eye-catching isn't it? (Sorry, I couldn't help myself...) But joking aside, I wanted to capture this because  it is urban art at its finest, mural work on the side of a building (something I really want to see come back) and I see it as a great way to end the project, looking to the future, 2013 and a new 52 Week Project.

Check back for a 2012 wrap up and a 2013 52 Week Project!


No comments: