Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Happy List, Week 28

Macro Water Droplets

Happy List, Week 28

1. Fireworks opportunities x 2.  I had not one, but two great opportunities for fireworks.

2. Short week at work. Summers are busy at work, so it was nice to have a shorter week. It was still jam-packed.

3. Leftovers. Culinary camp leftovers were extremely yummy - they created two full blown menus - italian and seafood.

4. Unexpected weather. This Fourth of July weekend brought some unexpected for July in St. Louis weather. It was gorgeous out, and you weren't sweating waiting for the fireworks.

5. Attic fan. Aforementioned weather led us to throw open the windows and turn the attic fan on. Glorious.

6. Days off. Yup, they're on here again. There were moments where I was absolutely restless and didn't know what to do, but the moments of sheer unbridled laziness were delightful.

7. West Wing. In honor of Independence Day, I started re-watching West Wing again. This show is awesome from top to bottom. I just watched the cliffhanger from Season One to Season Two. Even though I know what happens, I can't not watch them back to back.

8. Block printing. I had the opportunity to continue experimenting with block printing in my mixed media class. I think I've found a new art to enjoy!

9. Lightning. We recently had a storm with an incredible lightning count and RA and I tried to capture it Monday night. We semi-succeeded (it was dying down by the time we decided to do so).

10. Starbucks. I don't drink caffeine often but when I do, I prefer it to be tea vs Diet Coke. When one has a late night, a little caffeine helps the next day.

No comments: