Saturday, September 13, 2014

Happy Lists, Week 36 & 37

Macro Water Droplets


Well... Week 36 ran away from me so here's two for one!

Happy List, Week 36 

1. Sheer laziness. It's kind of fun when you get the chance.

2. Haircut. This weather finally got to me - 4+ inches on the floor!

3. Day drinking. Celebrating a friend who is a bride-to-be!

4. Sunday. Sunday was a great day - Japanese Festival (complete with a Teahouse Island tour) and Paint Louis with a friend made for a great day despite the sun and humidity.

5. Monday. Monday was great day - spent almost the entire day with the family and puppies. Japanese Festival part deux including no rain and delicious lunch and then Labor Day BBQ later.

6. Naps with pups. I got a chance to nap with Sgt Pepper on Monday and it was awesome. I missed having a cuddly pup.


Happy List, Week 37

1. Art festivals. St. Louis is lousy with art festivals in a good way. Two for one, one weekend.

2. Clayton Art Fair. I may not make a good patron (too expensive!) but the art there is certainly beautiful. I didn't really wander it too much this year, but there's always next year!

3. Chuseok Festival. I'd recently been jokingly complaining that there's no Korean festival in town. There is a new, small-but-ready-to-grow one in town. I hope it really takes off!

4. Calligraphy (Son Keun Hee). There was a calligraphy artist at aforementioned festival and he wrote my name out in Korean - first time I've seen my name written out outside of my adopted records. I was so pleased with the result that I framed it later that day.

5. Sunrise. Twice in week 37 I had the opportunity to view beautiful sunrises in Forest Park. Two very different sunrises, two beautiful sets of pictures.

6. Storms. We had a particularly wicked storm on Friday of Art Festival weekend and it was incredibly exciting to be out in it.

No comments: