Friday, May 14, 2010

357/365

357/365

One of things I love about the Missouri Botanical Garden is the subgarden sections they have. There's a daylily garden that come June is bursting to the max with daylilies. But they also have an equally amazing iris garden, and that one blooms in May. Two years ago, I drove back to STL with a good friend of mine, WS, and we went to the Botanical Garden with my parents because she's almost as nuts about photography as I am. We were almost bowled over by that iris garden and spent ages snapping photos. I knew that I wanted to go see it again, so when MBG emailed me about it, I went almost immediately. It was SO worth it. I had almost 1000 pictures from that day, and a majority of them were from the iris garden. So many to choose from but this one was the clear winner - red irises seem to be very rare.

No comments: