Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy 5th Blogiversary to Me!


Nonpareils

Holy cow, I cannot believe I have had this blog for 5 years! This blog was started on a friend's couch in Houston on one not-so-wintery day (9th) in February of 2008. When I created the blog, I didn't quite know what I wanted to do with it but I was just starting to really get back into photography so I figured I could use my blog to showcase my favorite photos and the stories that went along with it and perhaps an anecdote or rant along the way.

5 years (and 672 posts) later, this blog has seen many things - and got refocused several years ago, when I created the Life List and started using the blog to have folks hold me to my list items and to showcase the items completed (totally 20 since the inception of the list)!

This blog has watched me go from having fun with my photography to taking a more serious take on the photography and seeing what I can learn. I certainly think my eye has improved and I'm working on my technical skills.

This blog has watched me change over from my free-lance career in opera to a local, stable job in the arts in St. Louis. It has watched me live in several cities (short-term and long-term) and even seen me over to China for but a brief moment.

It was really eye opening to go back and click randomly through different posts over the years. I thought about highlighting my favorite posts, but it's like picking your favorite candy in a candy store. It's really hard. So instead I encourage you to go to the sidebar, find the Blog Archive, and pick a year and month and just click around. Leave me a note to say hi and enjoy the time warp, just as I have.

No comments: