Thursday, February 7, 2013

Unexpected Surprises


Sometimes, the best things are unexpected. I was eating breakfast and reading Facebook (and the news) in the morning, as I do almost every morning. A high school classmate of mine posted about a beautiful rainbow over her kids' school. While I waited for her to confirm that the rainbow wasn't fleeting, I quickly finished getting ready so I could chase the rainbow.

And I wasn't disappointed. I drove west for a few blocks, going towards the beautifully storm darkened sky on which the rainbow was reflected, and opposite the rising sun creating the enormous beauty. It was a HUGE arc and seemed to be doubled at times. But I kept getting blocked by buildings, so I turned tail and headed to Forest Park hoping that the rainbow would last. 

Rainbow over U City

I made it to Art Hill in time to enjoy it for several minutes before the rising sun killed the gorgeousness in the sky.  It was so worth it. This is why I carry a camera (especially a  DSLR) with me wherever I go. You never know when you're going to encounter something so unexpected. 

Rainbow over U City   Rainbow over U City    Rainbow over U City   Rainbow over U City

Rainbow over U City   Rainbow over U City

Well worth it, don't you think? Check out my photostream for more. 

No comments: