Monday, April 26, 2010

Task #48 - Complete

48. See a sunrise or sunset on a beach.

I didn't do this one on purpose per se. I rarely went to the beach when I was in LA, (mostly due to traffic and laziness, plus beaches on the West Coast are not known for their warmth or lack of winds).

But LV and I bundled up (as one would for a chilly LA night) and headed towards the beach. The wind was pretty brisk and regretted not bringing a kite. We walked the beach, picking up shells, shell bits and smoothed glass along the way. We stopped and sat down... and then we stayed long enough for me to see an actual sunset.

I wasn't born yesterday, I have seen the sun set before. But I actually literally "watched" this one sink lower and lower. The pictures below were taken between 7:19:42-7:34:10 pm.

Go to flickr to see the larger ones, they're shrunk here for space...

Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach Sunset on Yuma Beach

No comments: