Friday, April 24, 2009

Cutest Animal In the World?

Pandas are pretty cute, but I'm partial to the big black and white ones. However, I'll settle for a darling red panda named Toby who is pretty darn cute.

His debut at the Houston Zoo was the day I left for Tosca so I didn't get to see him that day. I finally went to visit him and the new Sifaka baby the other day. I spent far too long with the sifakas, and perhaps to my detriment. Toby was fast asleep when I arrived at his exhibit. Determined to see him (I paid $10 after all, darn it) and with only loose plans with a friend for lunch, I waited him out.

It was worth the wait, because he did wake up after about 30 minutes.

Sleepy Toby

He stretched really cutely.

Sleepy Panda Stretch

And he ambled about, using his litterbox and munching on some bamboo.

Tongue!

And then he went to sleep again. Most of the hundreds of students on field trips saw this:

Sleepy Panda

And had to settle for this:

Cutest Picture of Cutest Animal

He's pretty cute, but he'd be cuter if he was awake more... I know it's a lot to ask of a nocturnal creature. I just hope he's more up and about the next time I drop by.

No comments: