Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy List, Week 38

Perfect Rose

1. Garage sales. They're actually kind of fun and its amazing what you can find there. It really is true what they say about one person's trash is another person's treasure.

2. On that note, Freecycle rocks. I signed up because I really like the idea, and you never know what you're going to find. I got my hands on 28 crafting books for free. I'm sure my roommate and I will put them to good use.

3. Lovely people in Granite City, IL who sold me my new-to-me dresser. It pretty much was everything I was looking for, just the right size, great color, pretty decent condition and cooler than I expected. A perfect fit, and a perfect dresser for me right now. And the right price.

4. Spending time with my family. I really love living near them. Still weird to feel like I have two homes in same city, though.

5. My pups. Especially since I don't live at home, but am still in the city, I get to see them often. The reception I get every time I see them is wonderful. Tom, our quiet one, immediately wants to play and runs and gets his favorite toy. Pippin lives up to one of her nicknames, Pipsqueak, and squeaks with joy and delight that I'm there. And jumps all around me and on me.

No comments: