Sunday, May 18, 2014

20/52 - Photo Project 2013

It has been quite the week. Photographically, it's been rainy, dreary and not really inspiring me to pick up the macro lens and get wet. Luckily, on Thursday, the storm cleared. Sometimes, the best skies are the ones post-storm, so I decided to see if Midland Ave really does go all the way from University City to Maryland Heights. Guess what? It does. :)

I spent a good hour and a half waiting for this sunset and I was rewarded not only with beautiful colors but a handful of boaters becoming obliging silhouettes against a sky.

Tough, but this is the winner - dramatic red flares on the clouds:

Creve Couer Sunset

Close runners up:

Creve Couer Sunset    Creve Couer Sunset    Creve Couer Sunset

I may change my mind by the end of the year, so check back at the end of the project to see if I change my mind. :) 

I have some time off this week, so I might break out the trusty Tamron lens and hop over to the STL Zoo for some fun animal shots! Too bad it doesn't have early morning kid-free hours. ;-) Just kidding. 

No comments: