Sunday, May 11, 2014

Macro Water Droplets

In case you haven't noticed, I'm obsessed with water droplet photos again. At first, I was obsessed because it was a whole new world and I had just discovered how to do it. Now, that I *KNOW* I can do it, and do it handheld, I'm trying to focus on (no pun intended) composition instead.

For several Saturdays (and one disappointing Wednesday) in April/early May now, I have taken advantage of my unfortunate new early wake-up time of 5:30 to make it to the Botanical Garden at 7:00am. No matter what I had planned later that day (i.e. work), I made time for at least an hour or so of camera time.

I think my persistence has paid off, yes? Here are some of my new favorites:

More Saturday MoBot Macro   More Saturday MoBot Macro   More Saturday MoBot Macro   More Saturday MoBot Macro    More Saturday MoBot Macro    More Saturday MoBot Macro   More Saturday MoBot Macro   More Saturday MoBot Macro   More Saturday MoBot Macro    More Saturday MoBot Macro   Macro May Water Drops   Macro May Water Drops    Macro May Water Drops   Macro May Water Drops   Macro May Water Drops   Macro May Water Drops  

More Saturday MoBot Macro   Macro May Water Drops

Lately, I've been trying to capture the nearby items within the water droplet, which takes patience, focus (literally and camera-wise) and did I mention patience? I choose to shoot macro handheld because I don't have patience for the tripod. Plus, think of the things I would miss because of the crazy angles I find to take the photos from.

And, in the most recent visit, I captured myself! You can "see" me in the reflection which was quite fun! (photos #2 and #9 above).

I look forward to photographing more water droplets during this spring! Practice makes perfect, yes?



No comments: