Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Awesome Neighbors!

It all started when LMB wanted to celebrate her last night (for two months) in Houston. I met CS & RM that night, among other new Opera folk. That night, when I got home, I thought I saw two people who looked a lot like them. I told myself that I was imagining things.

Then last night, I passed RM in the parking lot, and again, had the distinct feeling I'd met him before but didn't say anything. Because again, I wasn't quite sure.

This morning (afternoon?) I went to take the trash out and met RM on the walkway outside my apartment. Correction, our apartments. Not only were they in fact who I thought they were, they're my next door neighbors. I mean, what are the chances???

So tonight, along with another Opera friend, we all hung out at Dance Town Bingo and had a great time. The bingo calling is a bit slow, but if you go to chat with your friends, it's a lot of fun.

I'm excited to know more people here in Houston and to have awesome neighbors. And to top it off, they also have an awesome and adorable pup!

But there's also a slightly related story. My friend and I had dinner at the Spanish restaurant right next door to the Bingo Hall. As it turned out, a majority of the menu was in Spanish. And apparently our waitress spoke only Spanish. I had to drag out my extremely rusty Spanish from college and thankfully got by. I'd say I understood 75-80% of what she said.

But the best part of it all was noticed after we'd started eating:



Yes, those plates are definitely from Chinatown and have CHINESE writing on them!

Funny, eh?

This night totally makes up for some recently not-so-great nights. And it makes me look forward to coming back here in February.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And we miss you already, my friend.

We're so hitting bingo again when you get back, and the Fat Guy Chorus Bratfest is being moved to February 21st. More about that later...

:-)