Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy List, Week 6

Perfect Rose


Whoops, my Monday came and went without the list. Here it is, again in no particular order.

1. Yale Street Arts Market. It was a little bit disappointing in size, but I was told that it's usually much bigger. But what was there was pretty good and it was worth the visit and the return visit the next time I'm able.

2. Pretty jewelry at a reasonable price. I like pretty jewelry, I like original jewelry and I like jewelry that doesn't break the bank or come even close to it.

3. Youtube.com for having the most random things on it... including a video of the closing credits of the MacNeil/Lehrer Newshour with the old theme music. The older, better theme. Back when TV themes were composed of good music and not crap. I grew up listening to it, and youtube helped me with my nostalgia.

4. Houston Camera Co-Op for being a) nearby, b) being staffed with knowledgeable people, c) for having what I thought I wanted and for having what I really wanted, d) for being reasonably priced.

5. Tamrac for making a camera bag that didn't look like a camera bag. For making a bag that looked how I wanted it and still held all the equipment that I wanted to carry.

That's actually my list for the week. I never pledged on the length of the list, simply that it must be published weekly. It hasn't been the worst week, but it hasn't been the greatest week and I'm having to stretch to find things that I'm 'happy' about.

No comments: