Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy List, Week 23

Perfect Rose

1. Diet Coke. Between that, and willpower, I somehow drove 900 miles in one day to get from Houston to St. Louis. Still don't know how I did that.

2. The expressions on Pippin & Tommy's faces when they saw me. I'll never tire of it. Ever.

3. Hot Springs, AR. I didn't get to spend a lot of time there, and it was hampered by rain, but it was still an enjoyable visit. Yay National Parks and preservation of history and beautiful natural wonders.

4. The Weather Channel iPhone app because it told me that when the sky darkened after the sun came up that I was driving into a red-on-the-radar severe thunderstorm. Forewarned is forewarned.

5. my 50mm lens. I bought it at the same time as the 55-250, but just hadn't gotten it out much at all. Now its one of my favorite all-time lenses. Makes me look like a better photographer - I'm still learning.

6. Dragging out the hammock I gave my parents for an important anniversary (we can't remember which one, but it was an big one... we think 30) and enjoying St Louis springtime weather.

7. Broadway Musicals. In addition to Diet Coke, they also helped keep me going. I always said that I felt energized after performing in "Godspell" in high school despite the fact that we were all onstage 24-7... so perhaps all that singing of various shows from beginning to end lent to the adrenaline high necessary to help one drive 900 miles. I haven't sang like that in ages. I miss it.

8. Home. There's nothing like going home to where you grew up. Sure, a lot of your stuff isn't there... and I may be sleeping in my tiny 'big girl' twin bed, but it's still Home. With a capital 'H'.

9. My parents' cooking. They love to cook. I like real meals. I need to learn how to cook better 'real' meals again. This also requires being around one's kitchen.

10. My car, which took me from here to there... it doesn't know that it's just beginning its multi-state summer traveling extravaganza. Just shy of 74,000 - it still gets me from here to there in relative comfort. Not too bad for a car that's 7 years young.

Now if you'll excuse me... yesterday's driving has FINALLY caught up with me. I can barely keep my eyes open. Hope there weren't too many spelling/grammatical errors...

Up Next: Enough with the yapping, back to photos. :)

No comments: