Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy List, Week 40

Perfect Rose

1. MOO. I purchased myself some photo 'business cards' that have my blog and flickr name on it. It seems to me at both these meetups, people had cards, regardless of whether they took photos for hire or not.

2. Vistaprint. I belong to several 'rewards' programs that email me deals or ads, and I finally gave in on getting real business cards because I finally found a design I loved. Plus they were incredibly well-priced.

3. Time off. After essentially being away from my 'stuff' for about a year, its really nice to be able to have the luxury of time to wade through papers and get rid of what I don't need.

4. Festival of Nations - there was a lot of great food and I got an amazing henna temporary tattoo that benefited survivors of torture and war abuse.

5. Photography. It's keeping me going - I'm still amazed that I was able to keep it up during the crazy part of the summer. Sometimes I'm stretching for a photo, but often times, it motivates me to get my rear in gear. I just found a blog post with a lot of great suggestions for future projects.

6. Assignment: St Louis - my new flickr group. With some urging from people at the MBG meetup, I started this group. Invited 3 others from the meet-up, and now there are 15 members. I'm excited to see if this'll be equally to Assignment: Houston's success - my inspiration.

No comments: