Friday, April 4, 2014

Fort Worth - Fountains

If you know me well, you know that I love water. I must've been a fish or some other thing that lived in or enjoyed the water in a past life. One thing that I love is a waterfall. Exciting when it is natural but just as cool when it is man-made. Right next door to my hotel (and the convention center) is a HUGE water garden called, well, the Fort Worth Water Garden. It was glorious. It has THREE different types of fountains. This garden is 4.3 acres of gloriousness built in 1974.

The first is what they call the Active Pool. it also seems like the biggest. You can actually climb all the way to the bottom (I never did).

Fort Worth Water Garden

The second is the Quiet Pool. The water literally quietly spills over and slides straight down walls. It's exceedingly peaceful.

Fort Worth Water Garden

The third was broken the first day I was there, but it was fixed quickly. It's called the Aerated Pool and it is literally high pressure sprinklers. When I was photographing it during the daytime, I thought I saw lighting underneath and I was right. It swirled all the way through the rainbow. I experimented with shutter speed a little with this one. It's lovely, no? Two of the lights didn't want to cooperate the entire time but I think I managed to miss most of those.

Fort Worth Water Garden

Fort Worth Water Garden

Fort Worth Water Garden

Fort Worth Water Garden

Isn't this glorious? It was perfect! But what is even better is the discovery that will be the center focus of tomorrow's post. I'm very excited about that one. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unless my eyes are tricking me, your picture of the Active Pool and your picture of the Quiet Pool are the same image.

Ann said...

Fixed now! Thanks, sharp eyes!