Saturday, March 28, 2009

Texas Wildflowers

Spring is definitely here in TX... and you can tell by the abundance on the sides of the roads in Houston and its outlying areas. You'll be driving along, used to seeing the green grass on both sides of the road, and there will be a TON of purple or orange or yellow or red. Those are wildflowers. But its not just the fact that the color is vivid and beautiful but its in huge patches all over the place.

As I drove up I-45 N, it was hard to resist the temptation to pull over on the shoulder and get out the camera. Somewhere before the huge white Sam Houston statue, I saw a father and son who had pulled over, camera in hand.

That was the last straw, but I was too chicken to do what they had. I opted for the safer pull-off in the next "picnic area" and hiked back to the closest patch.

Bluebonnets & Indian Paintbrush

Bluebonnets & Indian Paintbrush

Bluebonnets

This may begin a series on road trips... as I will be driving to my next jobs through several states, both in Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania and New York.

No comments: