Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Behind the Shot: Alternate Views #4

Garden Glow at MoBot

"Limelight" is one of my favorites of the show. I have always been a fan of the Climatron, but the Climatron lit up for the Garden Glow... glorious.

What's special in my heart about this photo is how I took it. You aren't allowed a tripod so I had to hold my breath and take multiple shots in order to have one without any shake. Something that one has to contend with in low light, below freezing conditions and even with a fancy new camera (this is one of the first series of shots taken with the new Canon 70D).

I'm proud not only of the subject and the composition but what I had to do to get there! I'm still in awe of my ability (and luck) in getting a clear, shake-free shot.

I can't wait to try again this year!

Up next: An unexpected side of a famous place.

No comments: