Thursday, November 20, 2014

Happy List, Weeks 45-47

Macro Water Droplets

Because of the behind-the-scenes glimpse at the exhibit, I missed posting Week 45. Here's both last week and this week's.

Happy List, Week 45

1. Meeting new people. Met a new person through the sale of one of my pieces.

2. Halloween. Haven't dressed up in ages but when one of your BFF's kiddo wants to go trick or treating... when in Rome.

3. VLAA. This wonderful service (volunteer lawyers and accountants for the arts) provides low cost workshops for artists. Check them out: http://www.vlaa.org.

4. Daylight Savings. I know it's darker earlier, but at least sunset is right after work. Makes it more convenient.

5. Election Day. Because it is your and my civic duty to participate.

Happy List, Week 46

1. Theatre colleagues. We had a one-woman show at work recently and it was lovely to spend time with her and her stage manager.

2. Friends. It's wonderful that a friend drove in from far away to see my show before de-install.

3. A full day. Saturday had a photo shoot, an exhibit pickup (from this summer), an art fair and a show. Sometimes being busy is fun.

4. Family photo Shoot.  I had a photo shoot with one of my BFFs and her son. It was a lot of fun! We had a beautiful day for it. And my models were gorgeous.

5. Monday Funday. Pippin and I spent Monday together and it was a lot of fun. We got to enjoy the most beautiful day of the week outside and I still managed to do several loads of laundry. Didn't get everything on my to-do list done but almost all.

Happy List, Week 47

1. The Imitation Game. What a movie - thank you SLIFF for bringing it to STL just a hint early.

2. Benedict Cumberbatch. After seeing the Imitation Game, I'm now thoroughly a fan of Mr. Cumberbatch. I've now seen him exercise his acting talents in three different major roles and he's been brilliant in all of them.

3. First snowfall. The first snowfall that sticks is always kind of amazing.

4. Time with BFF. Though she's been apart from her husband for awhile (because of being state-side temporarily), I've personally enjoyed having LA in town a lot. I am, however, looking forward for her to have the opportunity to spend some time in her other home in Germany!

5. Poker night. Monday night no/low stakes poker night with friends. Good times.

No comments: