Sunday, November 9, 2014

Behind the Shot: Alternate Views #9

Forest Park - Early Fall Morning

"Curves" became the title photo, so to speak of this exhibition because it embodied the theme of the piece, yet wasn't my overwhelming favorite of the exhibit at the time. I didn't want to put my 'best' photo out there. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but at the time, I was really thinking that "Arch/Crunden Martin" was my favorite and I didn't want to give the best one away.

The story behind this photo is that this particular photo had been "hidden" from me my entire life. I've spent lots of time in Forest Park, at Art Hill especially... but I'd never looked at Art Hill from that particular perspective.

This was taken after climbing just about the steepest part of the Art Hill, straight up. We were gasping for breath when I looked over and saw my shot. What delightful curves and colors and just a peek of the building that gives away the entire location.

Up next: My new favorite place.

No comments: