Thursday, November 6, 2014

Behind the Shot: Alternate Views #6



This is "Shadows", also know as the Zoo Gate. This one is one of those hidden-in-plain-sight wonders of St. Louis. I love this photo because the snow has stuck gloriously to that patina-d sculpture. 

This photo was taken from my car while driving through the Hampton roundabout. (Well, I was stopped because the Zoo Gate all lit up with the snow sticking to it begged to be captured.) (And I'm not THAT crazy of a photographer.)

The most significant thing about this photo that is a behind-the-shot story is the fact that originally, I had it printed in color. But I didn't really like it as much until I printed it in Black and White. And then I loved it. 

I was a little nervous that it didn't fit in with the rest of the color pieces in the show, but a little adjustment in the lineup and all was well.

Up next: Celebrating St. Louis at 250.

No comments: