Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Behind the Shot: Alternate Views #5

Fox Alley Stairs

Entitled "Escape", I chose a very literal title for a very literal thing. This is the fire escape as seen from Washington Avenue on the side of the Fabulous Fox Theatre.

This piece speaks to me on many levels - I have spent my adult life and professional life in the arts; I have had theatre as part of my life for as long as I remember.

I also enjoy the technical composition of the photo itself, how the stairs flow like a negative data graph. I enjoy the texture of the brick and the aging of the rust, "dripping" down the sides.

But most of all - I love that I took this on the way back to the car after an incredible opening of the "City at 250" exhibit at the Sheldon Art Galleries, with the previous picture in the exhibition.

Up next: A gate in a different light.

No comments: