Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Miami

Today's post is about Miami. And it's also about college. When I was a sophomore, I was randomly placed with two seniors and a junior. The two seniors were (are) best of friends, and the junior (exchange student from England) and I were random placements. However, all four of us immediately got along well and bonded. About every two years starting sometime after I graduated, we get together in some city for a long weekend. We started out in Vegas. Then we had planned to go on a short cruise out of LA when C discovered that a) she was pregnant and b) that she was due close to our planned get-together. So we went and visited her & her husband (they met in college that year!) in CO where she was living at the time.

This year's trip was to Miami. A brief, whirlwind tour where her daughter, A, now two, came along and joined us. We were somewhere at an open air market, perhaps in South Beach (?) when A decided that she really wanted to go for a merry-go-round ride.

Now the real story part of this picture is that this picture was taken mid-ride. Every time they passed me, I tried to get a cute picture of A because she looked so adorable up on her horse. And that merry-go-round was not slow nor did it wait for this photographer.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this shot captured. I also happened to get a really nice one of her and her mom. But this one is my favorite. It's an unexpected portrait - just lucky timing.

And a gorgeous subject!

Abi on Merry-Go-Round


P.S. the hedgehog mentioned on Valentine's Day arrived today! Cute as I remembered. Perhaps cuter.

No comments: