Saturday, February 16, 2008

One of my favorites...

To counteract the 2nd rainy day here in Houston, I thought I'd brighten things up.

This is one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken. Taken about a year ago in the Houston Garden Center. I was just casually strolling along, admiring the gorgeous roses that were blooming in the middle of the winter ("winter" really because a Houston winter is unlike everyone else's winter in this Hemisphere except CA).

I spotted this gorgeous bloom and saw the bee there. I started taking pictures, and just kept taking them. Mind you, this was with my old camera, Fuji Finepix 3800. Straight up point-and-shoot. No bells and whistles. And shamefully, I didn't know how to shoot much outside of auto.

So getting this shot was PURE luck.

MId-Flight


The more I look at it, the more I love it. Just makes me want to learn how to use my current camera better in hopes of feeling like I'm worthy of buying the camera I'm coveting: a DSLR!

I want to know how to be able to capture those pictures with settings, not just by luck. Any advice would be lovely!

No comments: