Friday, February 22, 2008

Pansies

Purple Pansy


Today's post doesn't have a story about the day when I took the picture, but more about the content. I love pansies. I really can't explain it. I don't recall having them in our garden when I was growing up, but for as long as I can remember, I've had an obsession with pansies. They come in all sorts of colors, but I especially like the purple ones. (Surprise, surprise.)

Unfortunately, they have a rather negative connotation with their name. I choose to ignore it, and actually, joke about it.

Someday, when I have a window box, I'll have my own pansy garden. I especially love the ones that are so purple that they almost look black. How very Goth, of me. Or is it emo, these days? Who knows, I'm always behind on those trends.

March needs to get here... NOW.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I think pansies were the first flowers I ever planted. I remember that it was an Easter Sunday, and my mom had all different colors. I agree, though, the deep, deep purple ones are the best - they're so rich and velvety looking.