Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 10

Tonight, I am thankful for sushi. And specifically thankful for RN and BW for introducing me to it.

I had long been suspicious of raw fish - not that I wasn't exposed to it because my dad is a very adventurous eater. Plus I'm picky about texture of foods. And had always considered it scary.

But I was convinced to try it during my internship and I did. And it wasn't so scary. True, I stayed to cooked ingredients initially, but I have strayed towards the raw. Still can't handle some of the stuff, texture-wise, but I'm getting there.

My favorite roll is the Philadelphia because of the cream cheese - and if its flash-fried (aka Deep Friend Philly or Big Cheesy), even better. I love cream cheese in sushi and with the cooked ones, it's WARM! And that makes it extra yummy! Also a big fan of avocado and/or shrimp in rolls.

Love love love ginger - but still have a hate relationship with wasabi.

One step at a time, right? Now I can't seem to get enough. At least it is a fairly healthy choice, right?


Red Rose

No comments: