Tuesday, November 22, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 22

Today, I am grateful for friends. For both the friendships that are over the decade mark and still going strong to the new fledgling ones that I hope flourish into long lasting ones. I like having friendships of all depths, from light to super deep.

One of my best friends randomly was in town awhile ago and I got to spend time with her and her husband. Another best friend (the one I've known the longest) is due to be in town this week and she's going to carve time out of her busy family schedule to spend some time with me. I spent some time with another best friend tonight - trying to get her baby to kick back at us. It was really magical since I haven't spent a lot of time around my pregnant friends, even though I have many friends with children.

I treasure each and every friendship I have and I'm such a giver too. Sometimes it gets me hurt but sometimes it makes me/the friendship stronger.

So I'm thankful to have so many friends, both near and far - from weeks old to years old. Ties into Day 11 when I thanked Facebook for helping me continue some of these friendships or even pick old ones up from where they left off.

Thanks for being my friend! I'm lucky to have you in my life! And if I haven't heard from you in awhile, drop me a line here or on Facebook or via email and let me know what's new with you.

Red Rose

No comments: