Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 14

Today, as I sit down to write this blog, I'm a big grumpy and very tired, so this will be short.

Today, I am grateful for the seasons and more specifically, for living in a city that experiences all four of them. I grew up here, and I have spent at least 4 of my years in life in cities that do not have what I consider a winter. And I have spent three winters in a city where winter is king.

I am looking forward to experiencing an ordinary Midwestern winter - though I do miss my Alaska friends and the great wonders to explore.

I'm hoping for fluffy snow, and warm-ish temperatures and just enough snow days... that is, if there's such a thing at my work.

At least, I'm grateful for the ability to walk to work even if my car can't get up the driveway.

But, weather gods, please be kind this winter, ok? Don't read this as a challenge.


Red Rose

No comments: