Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 21

Today, I'm thankful for a day off. I'm really lucky to work at a place that does its best to give me days off on a regular basis - even though I often work outside of the 9-5 M-F sphere.

I had a chance to run several errands, some of which I specifically waited to run today, when most of the public was going to be at work/school. I am not the biggest fan of crowds at places of shopping. I'm the person who wants nothing to do with Black Friday, even if the sales are tantalizing.

I was also able to catch up on finances - I keep pretty close track on receipts - which has paid off in that I have never been overdrawn and I caught fraudulent charges on one of my credit cards before the card company did.

I was still able to be lazy and relaxed... as one should be on a day off.

The day was capped off by making a really surprisingly tasty tortellini, spinach and tomato soup and an all-family viewing of the penultimate Sing Off episode where some seriously amazing music happened... and another sad elimination occurred.

I'm going to miss fun Monday nights without the Sing Off.

But today was definitely a day very well spent.

Red Rose

No comments: