Tuesday, November 29, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 29

Today, I'm grateful for my camera... because it allows me to take pictures and memories and keep them 'forever'. I think I have always had an interest in photography except my style has changed from photojournalistic to more artistic over the recent years.

I had a film camera for as long as I remember, but I didn't have a digital one until I graduated from college. That one lasted me awhile, and then I got another point-and-shoot super zoom like my parents had gotten me for graduation. That 2nd camera lasted me, I believe, into my artistic phase in Houston where I finally made the jump to a digital SLR. My wants in photography (low light, long exposures) had exceeded my camera's limits.

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XSi that has seen me through almost two 365 projects and I have a Canon G12 that accompanies me almost every single day - so I don't miss a photograph while not having the bulk of a DSLR.

Sometime soon, it'll probably be time to upgrade the lens or the body - but I'm hoping that'll be awhile. Meanwhile, I still manage to take decent pictures without having recently taken a photography course nor know every capability of my camera.

My new goal it to know my camera inside and out versus taking a million pictures to get the few great ones.

Red Rose

No comments: