Friday, November 25, 2011

30 days of Gratitude: Day 25

Today, I am thankful for my pedometer. Not specifically today, but it is one of the things I am thankful for in general. You're supposed to average about 10,000 steps a day, which for most, works out to be about 3 miles. I always find it interesting to see how far I've gone in a day. Sometimes it's really small and sometimes it's really large. But it's the large days that always surprise me because though I know I've been up on my feet and out and about, I don't realized that I've walked a total of 5 miles in a day. It's quite often not continuous, and the "calories burned" count can, for me, be taken with a grain of salt... but it's interesting nonetheless.

So thanks, mom, for turning me onto this. I have, in turn, piqued the curiosity of a coworker who ordered her own.

Like I said, it's always interesting to see where the day has taken me.


Red Rose

No comments: